On February 4, we’re challenging teams across Sysco to participate in Walk 2 Global Wellbeing. Teams are challenged to walk as many steps as possible and are encouraged to share photos of their nature walks.
Use #Walk2Wellbeing when posting pictures to social media. At the end of the competition, we will announce the winners in each stepping category and share a snapshot of photos taken around the world.
Registration is January 28 to February 3, and the challenge runs February 4 through February 17.
What you need to know to get started:
- Decide which category you’d like to enter and find a team of up to 10 people to take on the challenge with you. Your options include:
- Heavy Steppers: average more than 18k steps a day
- Big Steppers: average 8k-18k steps a day
- Busy Steppers: average up to 8k steps a day
- This year, each team member needs to be a Sysco associate – no family or children are included.
- Register your team here by 6 p.m. CT on Thursday, February 3, or use the QR code on this flyer with more details for team captains.
- After registering, team captains will receive additional details on how to track daily steps for their teams between February 4-17.
- The team and individual who step the furthest in each of the three categories will win a prize. *
- Anyone without a step counter will be awarded (by their team captain) the same number of steps as the team member with the lowest daily step count.
- Participants with mobility challenges can use the steps conversion matrix to convert physical activities into steps.
- Be sure to follow social distancing and local health and safety guidelines at all times!
Once the competition begins, visit the Global Health and Wellbeing channel in The Dish News for the weekly leaderboard!
Get ready to Walk 2 Wellbeing!